Man electrocuted, dies in Taunton, apartment building catches fire

A man is dead after an electrical accident on a roof in Taunton, according to the state Department of Fire Services.

Preliminary investigation suggests that the adult man was trying to remove an antenna from a three-story apartment building on Danforth Street at around 7:30 a.m. Thursday when the antenna made contact with a nearby power line.

The electrical surge not only killed the man but started a fire on the apartment building. Taunton firefighters put the fire out with no further injuries reported, according to a Department of Fire Services statement.

The man’s identity is not being released pending the notification of his family.

Categorized as Investment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.